This Workstream aims at the development of the diagnostic protocol of infant and toddler abuse and neglect (0-3 years of age).
Description of the work activities:
- Evaluation of the pre-existing diagnostic protocols of infant and toddler abuse and neglect registered during Workstream 1, and identification of those procedures and items that could be used to construct the new and common among participating countries diagnostic protocol for infant and toddler abuse and neglect.
- Identification of new evidence on infant and toddler abuse and neglect diagnosis revealed by literature review (see Workstream 1) which could be useful for the development of the diagnostic protocol that this study proposes to present.
- Elaborate in a functional and easy-to-apply manner the following: a) useful parts of pre-existing diagnostic protocols, b) new evidence on infant and toddler abuse and neglect and c) the diagnostic criteria of Abusive Relationship Disorder into one diagnostic protocol of infant and toddler abuse and neglect to be applied during infant and toddler routine health exams
- Translation of the new diagnostic protocol into partner countries’ languages
- Develop Information Sheet and Consent Form to be signed by participating families
- Pilot the diagnostic protocol with 10 families in each partner country (Pilot Study 2), and make any necessary adjustments (if important adjustments are made, draft protocol will be piloted again)
- Evaluation of the new protocol’s reliability and validity for each partner’s country
- Development and application of an Evaluation Form for health professionals who will apply the new protocol including useful comments on protocol’s applicability and other procedural issues