- To review existing literature regarding the diagnosis of infant and toddler abuse and neglect in order to be used for the development of the diagnostic protocol
- To adjust DC: 0-3 Abusive Relationship Disorder diagnostic criteria to the European populations
- Literature review on infant and toddler abuse and neglect diagnosis
- Identification and registry of the pre-existing diagnostic protocols of infant and toddler abuse and neglect in Consortium’s countries
- Translation of the DC: 0-3 diagnostic criteria for Abusive Relationship Disorder to Consortium’s National languages
- Development of an Information Sheet and Consent Form for the participating families
- Piloting the translated DC: 0-3 diagnostic criteria for Abusive Relationship Disorder (Pilot Study 1), and possible adjustments/modifications for the European countries
- Validity test (test of internal consistency) and reliability of DC: 0-3 diagnostic criteria for Abusive Relationship Disorder
- Development of an Evaluation Form to be completed by professionals who applied the diagnostic criteria for Abusive Relationship Disorder
- Definition of the criteria for Abusive Relationship Disorder to be used with European populations based on the aforementioned activities (3, 4, and 5).
During the 14th National Conference of Psychological Research, held from 15 to 19 May 2013 in Alexandroupoli, Greece, the approved European Programme [Just/2011-2012/DAP/AG/3283] entitled "Protecting Infants and Babies from domestic violence: Design Diagnostic Protocol on abuse and Neglect Infants and Babies and implementation of the public health system. " was presented. Specifically, the identity of the program, its main objectives and actions for its implementation was presented, as well as the methodology regarding the conduct of the 1st Pilot Study and the collection and the evaluation of data. Also, a brief presentation was made regarding the comparison between the Diagnostic Classification of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Infant (DC:0-3R) and the classification systems DSM-IV and ICD-10.
Hatzinikolaou, K., Karveli, V., Skoumpourdi, A., Nikolaidis, G., Ritsou, E. (2013). "Detection of parental abusive behaviors in infants and toddlers through pilot use of the Diagnostic classification of mental health and developmental disorders of infant and early childhood". 14th National Conference on Psychology Research, organized by the Greek Association of Psychologists. Alexandroupoli, Greece, 15-19 May 2013